Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Disney Store Deals and a Customer Service Plug

''it's a small world'' Hawaii Doll - 16'' photo ©DisneyStore

So, my girls and I have fallen in love with the new dolls from "It's a Small World" that can be found at DisneyStore.com. And since Christmas is coming, I decided to take advantage of a $10 off $50 purchase coupon I got from my Disney Rewards Visa, as well as a free shipping with Disney Parks purchase (I also bought a new autograph book for my youngest) and get a couple of these pretties for my girls. Then, this morning, I got an email alerting me to a 3-day sale on various toys (check out those deals HERE)--including the dolls I had just purchased.

Without a specific agenda (except, well, complaining about my dumb luck), I tweeted this:

Bought dolls yesterday @DisneyStore (used a coupon & got free shipping) but today they are on sale.  :-/ #kickingmyself #hatewastingmoney

Guess what?! I got a response from Disney Store:

@ValerieBGibbs I am sorry for the inconvenience, Valerie. Please contact Guest Services at (800) 328-0368 and we will happily assist. ^MN

So, I did just what they said, and guess what?! I will be getting a credit for a future purchase for the price difference! The moral of the story? It never hurts to ask for a refund when an item goes on sale. Many stores advertise that they do this, but even if it's not common knowledge, it certainly doesn't hurt to try.

I have long sung the praises of the stellar customer service that Disney provides, both in the parks and elsewhere, and this is just one more example. And, yes, I did tweet my appreciation back to them. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment