Thursday, September 12, 2013

We're Participating in the Magic Band Test

I've been a bit MIA from the blogosphere this week as I was traveling through the Mississippi Gulf Coast, reviewing hotels and attractions for Trekaroo. Trekaroo is a travel site that specializes in family travel. Most of the reviews are user-driven (meaning family travelers like you and me review destinations, attractions, restaurants, hotels, etc.), but there is also editorial content. I was fortunate enough to be chosen as a Superoo--a reviewer who has the opportunity to review destinations in exchange for free passes, stays, etc. Long story short, we were able to spend three days at the beach, enjoying all the Biloxi area has to offer, for the cost of our gas and a few tips here and there. I'm in the process of writing my reviews, but I'll be sure to share those links with you once they are up on the site.

All that to say...I haven't been giving Disney much attention this week. However, while we were away, I did receive an email invitation to test the new Magic Bands and the MyMagic+ program on our trip to WDW next month! I was so excited that I ordered our Magic Bands right away--and they arrived on our doorstep the day we arrived home! Here they are:

DSC08564

We have all our reservations (resort and dining) synched through My Disney Experience. At this point, I have only been able to synch up MY park ticket and not the rest of the family (seems to be a snag with ordering tickets through the Homeschool Days program...they have different kinds of reservation/confirmation numbers), so I have yet to choose our FastPass+ options. But I'm going to give them a call today to see if I can resolve this. We have friends doing the test this month, so I'll be anxious to see what they think. I'm still skeptical about the program, but excited to get to test it!

No comments:

Post a Comment