Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Main Street Bakery Reopens

Starbucks has taken over the world...Disney World, that is. The former Main Street Bakery on Main Street is now officially open as a Starbucks location. Coffee lovers have long lamented the lack of a decent cup of Joe throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. Sure, there were a few gems on property (Kona at the Polynesian ...French presses at most of the Deluxe Resorts...even fresh-roasted beans at Writer's Stop in the Studios), but real coffee was largely missing from the theme parks. No longer. After a lengthy refurbishment, the Main Street Bakery has reopened as a Starbucks location. Guests can order from the full Starbucks drink menu. From opening until 11 a.m., only Starbucks items will be served, including their hot breakfast items. After 11, guests can still purchase some of the old favorites from the Main Street Bakery, including cupcakes, brownies, and cookies. Sadly, however, their famous cinnamon rolls are no longer sold here. But I'm told the same version is now available in Gaston's Tavern in Fantasyland.

I love coffee as much as the next person. Truly. I rarely start a morning without the hum of my Keurig. Still, I have to wonder if getting a good cup of coffee while on vacation is worth letting go of the true essence of the Main Street Bakery. Will sentimentality or practicality prevail? Ask me after I've satisfied my daily caffeine fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment