Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Is Cars Land Coming to WDW?



It has been rumored for some time now, but I'm hearing buzz that there might be an official announcement as early as this week that Disney is indeed bringing Cars Land to Disney's Hollywood Studios! The area would likely cover the area now occupied by the Studio Backlot Tour and the Lights! Camera! Action! Extreme Stunt Show. I, for one, am thrilled at this new, as it will save my family a large chunk of change that we probably have dropped in the next year on a trip to the West Coast to see the original Cars Land. As it is, we'll likely hold out for the much closer Orlando version.

While I tend to be a traditionalist and often cling to older attractions--especially those that are original to any Park--I think the Backlot Tour has definitely overstayed its welcome. If there were any amount of realism or actual studio backlot insight to be gained from the attraction, I might feel differently. But since very little work is actually being done on the site--and almost no filming, other than promotional materials--the attraction has lost its credibility. It's time for it to go. And, well, I never really cared for the stunt show, so I'm OK with that too. These two will be a small price to pay for the awesomeness that will be Cars Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment